First the face is cupped with silicone cups that do not leave marks. Cupping increases facial blood flow and muscle tone. Small acupuncture needles then are placed along wrinkle lines, promoting collagen formation. The treatment is finished with laser or LED therapy to further enhance collagen formation. Results can be observed after a single treatment, but continuing weekly or bimonthly treatment is recommended for best results and to maintain improved appearance. 120 minutes, $180. Package of 5 treatments: $800 ($160/treatment), Package of 10: $1500 ($150/treatment)
Areas of cellulite are cupped using vacuum assistance. The powerful suction of the area breaks bands of connective tissue and reestablish proper lymphatic drainage and blood flow, thus reducing the appearance of cellulite. Cupping marks are visible for about 7 days after treatment. Cellulite reduction can be observed after a single treatment, but more profound changes are observed after 3-5 treatments. Single session: 15 minutes, $25. Package of 5 treatments: $100 ($20/treatment)
Spider veins and varicose veins are pricked to bleed. Suction cups are then placed over the areas. The slight damage created by the pricking prompts new, stronger vascular wall formation, and the suction draws healing mediators to the area in addition to releasing pressure within the veins. Vein appearance diminishes slightly after a single treatment, but more profound changes are observed after 3-5 treatments. 30 minutes, $50. Package of 5 treatments: $225 ($45/treatment)
Herbs and Nutrients to Enhance and Maintain Cosmetic Results
In addition to ongoing treatments at IOM, cosmetic results are best obtained and maintained through the daily use of topicals and herbal supplements. All cosmetic patients are recommended to use the following products (available at IOM as well as other holistic pharmacies) to enhance and maintain their results:
1. Collagen Hydrolysate - 2 TBSP daily. Collagen supports the growth of connective tissue, enhancing the appearance of skin, hair, and nails, as well as strengthening vascular walls.*
2. USF Ointment - topically at least twice daily. USF ointment contains all essential fats to support good skin tone and texture. It works best if applied morning and night, but it may be used as liberally as desired, especially to moisturize dry skin, lips, and cuticles.*
3. Dermatrophin PMG - 1 tablet three times daily. Dermatrophin PMG supports healthy connective tissue growth by providing a nucleic acid blueprint for new formation.*
4. Gotu Kola Complex - 1 tablet three times daily. Gotu Kola supports collagen formation, capillary growth, and circulation.*
5. Daily Fundamentals: General Health Packet - 1 packet twice daily. The general health packet by Standard Process contains all essential nutrients, minerals, and fats to support optimal tissue growth and function.*
Spider vein clients may consider adding two supplements to increase vascular wall integrity and circulation.
1. Cyruta - 1 capsule three times daily. Vitamin C complex in Cyruta enhances vascular wall strength, aids to reduce cholesterol, and promotes improved peripheral circulation.*
2. Vasculin - 2 capsules three times daily. Vasculin supports healthy circulation and cardiovascular function with B, C, and E vitamin complexes as well as heart dessicate.*
Facial rejuvenation patients may wish to maintain their results by investing in an AcuLift DermaRoller, a small rolling cylinder with tiny needles attached to it. Rolling the DermaRoller on the face several times weekly reduces the appearance of wrinkles and improves skin tone by creating micro-injuries which are then healed with collagen.* IOM recommends following use of the AcuLift DermaRoller with USF Ointment.* Facial cups are also recommended to be used twice daily.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.