Jessica Manson, MAcOM, Dipl.OM, L.Ac.
Jessica Manson is a licensed acupuncturist (L.Ac.) who obtained her Master of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (MAcOM) from AOMA Graduate School of Integrative Medicine in 2015 and her Bachelor of Business Administration from The University of Texas at Austin in 2008. Her interest in Oriental medicine was sparked in 2006 when she found her own success story as a patient. She has extensive training in pulse diagnosis, nutritional and herbal consultation, and motor point acupuncture. Jessica values an integrative approach to medicine. She has worked under a local physician and encourages open conversation with other healthcare practitioners. Jessica continues to serve as an assistant faculty member at AOMA, with teaching experience in pulse diagnosis, advanced needling techniques, physical assessment, and anatomy and physiology. In addition to her formal teaching experience, she created several study tools that continue to be used by students. Along with a donation from her family and support from the board of directors, she spearheaded the creation of a model-based anatomy laboratory program at her school. While she treats all health conditions, her interests include:
- Pain management
- Stress management
- Neurological health
- Endocrine health
- Digestive health
In her spare time, Jessica enjoys riding horses, practicing tai chi, hiking, and spending time with her family and friends.
- Licensed Acupuncturist in Texas
- Member Texas Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Master of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (AOMA, 2015)
- National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Diplomate (2015)
- Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Clean Needle Certified (2012)
- Weight loss
- Spiritual health
- Integrative Nutrition Health Coach (Institute of Integrative Nutrition)
- Certified International Health Coach (International Association of Health Coaches)
- Board Certified Holistic Health Practitioner (American Association of Drugless Practitioners)
- Author of Escaping Nothing: Breaking the Clutches of Anxiety to have a Life of Everything
Valerie Brinkman, MTOM, LAc.
Born into a family professionally entrenched in Western medicine, Valerie was filled with skepticism regarding Oriental Medicine. In 1988 she had her first acupuncture treatment. Experiencing exponentially improved health with continued treatments, she enrolled in Emperor’s College of Oriental Medicine in Santa Monica, California. She had a myriad of questions as to how Oriental Medicine worked. What she learned was to accept a new medical paradigm. Oriental Medicine being the left hand to Western medicine’s right hand, Valerie appreciated the integrative approach of using both forms of medicine.
Practicing in Portland, Maine, Valerie was a specialty care provider for two insurance companies. Upon moving to Austin, Texas, Valerie became a full-time mother and a part-time health practitioner. When her son took off to college, Valerie had the good fortune to meet Jessica Manson. Valerie enthusiastically joins Integrative Oriental Medicine where her appreciation for both Oriental Medicine and Western Medicine are honored. While she treats all health conditions, her areas of interest include:
- Digestive Issues
- Mental/Emotional Health
- Pain Management
- Texas Acupuncture License AC00323 (1997)
- National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Certification 453 (1992)
- Maine License AC127 (1992)
- TAAOM Member (1997)
Michelle Manson, Office Manager
Michelle Manson joined IOM in 2017 as office manager and chief administrator. She provides a friendly face at the front desk and helps patients with scheduling and herb and supplement purchases. Michelle also provides a valuable asset behind the scenes at IOM, and her work allows the office to run smoothly and efficiently. In her spare time, Michelle enjoys walking, playing bunco, and spending time with her loved ones.